Thursday, October 11, 2012

The Internet Lounge

During our bond renovations at McCullough I asked to have the old white bookshelves removed from this downstairs area. The library was repainted and new carpet was put in. I had a fantastic book fair the last two years, and I have saved the profits for something I have wanted since I came to McCullough eight years ago: an internet lounge!

BEFORE
Right now we have our old 1976 pink/burgundy chairs down there. Even that is an improvement and we have received some  compliments on how open and fresh it looks. However, this is not the permanent furniture.

I am placing the order for our new funiture from Educator's Depot. The furniture is manufactured by Bretford. Our district purchasing department ladies Chris and Courtney directed the company rep David Jones our way, and it has been a very nice experience working with him. He has a lot of patience, because he had to work with four women trying to decide on fabrics and colors. I think what we all put together is going to be just beautiful. I can't wait to post the "After" pictures in about six weeks! 

The reason it is called internet lounge is because the furniture itself will be wired for USB and AC, plus there will be Apple charging pads on the tables! Students, teachers, and visitors can charge their devices right in the furniture!

Can't wait for everyone to see it!